Symbolism Post

Every night before I go to bed I pray. I pray to God that that no other kids my age have to go through what I have gone through. Then I pray to God for all that he has given me. Then I look down at my chest where the silver metallic cross hangs around my neck. It was a gift from my mom for my 14 birthday. She gave it to me while at her side in her hospital bed. My last words to her were, "I'm going to accomplish my goals. No matter how hard the days, the work, the conditions, I will make you and dad happy."
Everyday since my mothers death, I have kept that promise to her. Before school and practice I look down at my cross and say, "Mom, I know you are there, watching over me. Give me strength." I was determined to make straight A's in school and be the best player on the team. It was hard, but I knew my mother was there with me, even though I couldn't see her. I did everything for her. After school I went straight to work and got home at 9:00 every night. Throughout high school and college I made straight A's and helped my dad pay the bills. After college I became a doctor. When I got my first pay check, I gave it to my dad and said "This could not have happened if mom was not there always by my side." Everyday since her death I never took that cross off. And now when I go to bed I still pray to God, but now instead of praying that no other kids go through what I have, I pray if they do, that they will realize what I did.
The cross symbolizes determination, faith, and love.

Comments

  1. I loved the emotions in this and the way it draws pity from you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOTF Reading Response Pg. 91

Free Post: Snow Days

Interrogation Dialogue